If the first thing you do when you are bored is plop on the couch with food and watch TV then it’s time for change. If you cannot think of anything to do to stop being bored how can you possibly stop overeating? You can also stop overeating by keeping your mouth happy. So, I have included some tips to sooth your cravings. Don’t give up and run to the fridge. Here are some ideas to keep you busy. When you are having fun and enjoying yourself, it’s easier to avoid the fridge and stop overeating. With 15 ways listed below you are sure to find something you enjoy doing to end boredom. Let’s start having some fun.
1. Get together with some friends and go through all your dresser drawers and closets and find strange assortments of clothing to put together. Have everyone dress up as weird as they can using wild colors and patterns that clash. Find weird objects throughout the house to use as part of your outfits to make them really outrageous. Do something crazy with your hair and make up. Take pictures of each other striking different silly poses. Make sure to get someone to take a group photo. You can either use the pictures for a slide show, a fun scrapbook or post them online for all your friends and family to enjoy.
2. Using post it notes, write out dozens of reasons why you love your spouse or kids and stick them up around the house where they can find them.
3. Check out coach tours in your area. You could find a tour bus that takes you to a nearby town you have never visited. You could have an excellent time meeting new people. Spend some time looking through all the offers and decide which one sounds the most enjoyable to you. Be spontaneous and get out of the house for the day.
4. Play solitaire Scrabble. Take out your Scrabble game and turn over all the letters so you can see them. Now, start putting together words on the Scrabble board as fast as you can. You must use all of the letters. If you get to the end and you cannot finish using the letters, then you will need to reformat some of the words until all of the letters are used successfully and you have absolutely no letter tiles left.
5. Chew on cinnamon or other flavored toothpicks. You can make your own flavored toothpicks by simply using cinnamon oil, or other oil-based flavors used for hard candy.
Simply take 1 ounce of any oil-based candy flavoring and mix it with a couple of ounces of water, three or four packages of sugar substitute and stir it up. Next, pour it onto a cookie sheet. Then take toothpicks and lay them out in one layer in the flavoring on the cookie sheet. Move them around until the liquid is soaked in. Let them sit for a day or two until they are completely dry and then, you have your own flavored toothpicks. If you have a craving for sweets, just chew on one of your delicious flavored toothpicks.
6. Throw ice chips up in the air and attempt to catch them in your mouth.
7. Instead of giving in to a craving for something fattening, grab your sweetie and make out. This is much more fun.
8. Take a trust walk with your partner. Put a blindfold on them and lead them around. See how much they trust you to guide them without falling or bumping into things. Next, let them put the blindfold on you and let them lead you around.
9. Have a follow people date. Go out somewhere that people walk around to different places. Pick out someone to follow and just follow them everywhere they go. You never know where you will wind up. It could be somewhere really fun that you would have never gone. If it becomes impossible to keep following them, choose someone new and start over.
10. Take pictures of your 100 most favorite things and make a scrapbook out of the pictures. Write catchy captions underneath each photo.
11. If you have stairs in your home run up and down the stairs and see how many times you can do it. Not only will this keep you busy, but it will also burn a lot of calories. See if you can top your best each day.
12. Start at one end of the house and start running until you get to the other end of the house and see how many times you can go back and forth before getting too tired. This is a fun game to play with the kids and an effective way to get exercise without it feeling like exercise.
13. Start a walking club. Get together with friends, find a nice park or walking track and meet each day to go for walk. If you don’t have any friends who want to walk with you, you could put up flyer’s in the grocery store, community center, Laundromat or local library to find others to walk with in the park. You could also check out your local YMCA and see if there are others interested in walking with you. This is a superb way to meet new people and make new friends. And bonus, it is great exercise and burns lots of calories.
14. Go on a tool finding mission. Do all your tools seem to come up missing? Do you spend more time looking for a tool than doing the actual project that needs to be done? Get a box and go through the whole house, garage, shed and yard and round them up and put them in the box. Now set up a nice area in your garage where all the tools can go. Next time you need a tool for a project, you’ll actually be able to find them.
15. Does your pet do the craziest things? Make a video of them and put it on YouTube.com. Pull out your video camera and just start taping. You are sure to catch them doing something funny. Now edit the video and add some fun captions and music and post it for everyone to see.